Is Wolverine still dead?!
Wolverine is still dead. Keep checking back.
That stabby cannuck has been "dead" for 97 weeks.
Share This Page:
When Marvel first announced the super-mega-crossoveriest super-mega-crossover event of all time, The Death of Wolverine, one question immediately sprang to mind: how long will Wolverine stay dead?
The surly Canadian mutant has long served as the moral compass of the Marvel Universe, advisor to heroes like Captain America, lover or object of sexual desire to every woman in the Marvel Universe, protector of children (unless they're his own in which case he'll stab or drown them to death), member of every superhero team, berserker warrior and wise monk. Oh, and his guest appearances boost the sales of any book he shows up in. How can the Marvel Universe get along without him?
They can't, bub! Wolverine is the best he is at what he does, and what he does is completely oversaturate the market!
So it's only a matter of time before Wolverine returns in the super-mega-crossover event Wolverine Reborn, complete with weapon-etched die-cut 3D hologram foil embossed Milo Manara butt-in-the-air variant covers for the special Wolverine Reborn #1.NOW!!!.SNICKT debut issue. And that, of course, will lead into the long-awaited Crisis of Infinite Wolverines.
And that could happen any day!
That's why we've decided to provide this useful and important service: Is Wolverine Still Dead.com.
Check back every day and find out at a moment's notice if Wolverine is still dead. We'll also track post-death Wolverine appearances, which we expect to number in the triple digits by the time Wolverine returns.
So bookmark this page, true believers! Check back frequently, Follow us on Twitter @TheOuthousers and Facebook and tell us if you see Wolverine in a comic after his death. We'll keep this page updated with all the information you need on Marvel's number one soon-to-be-alive-again mutant, Wolverine.
Wolverine Appearances Since His "Death":
- Though Wolverine has still not returned from the dead, a monkey has been found that looks exactly like him.
- Since the start of Secret Wars, some version of Wolverine has appeared in Old Man Logan, Years of Future Past, Giant-Size Little Marvel A vs X, and X-tinction agenda, though the actual version of Wolverine we all love and hate has not technically returned from the dead.
- At least one Wolverine is confirmed for Marvel's 2015 "Secret Wars" event.
- Wolverine appears on the poster teasing "Years of Future Past" for Summer, 2015.
- Marvel Shocker: Dead Wolverine to Appear in "The Wolverines" #1 (SPOILERS)
- Live Wolverine, Magneto's Wang to Appear in House of M Rehash in Summer 2015
- Marvel's Unforgiven... Sorry, Old Man Logan to Return in 2015
- Wolverine appears in Amazing X-Men #12, the conclusion of an arc that began before his "death."
- A Man Who Might Be Wolverine Appears in Several Logan Legacy Books Three Weeks After Wolverine "Died"
- Wolverine appears for sure in this preview of Secret Wars: Old Man Logan.
- Several versions of Wolverine exist in the All-New All-Different Marvel Universe, including X-23, a female clone of Wolverine who is going by the name Wolverine, and Old Man Logan, a time-displaced alternate universe Wolverine from the rehash of the Old Man Logan storyline in the Secret Wars super-mega-crossover event, but the original Wolverine has still not returned.
- On January 12, 2016, Marvel released a teaser featuring only the words "Dead No More" on a black background. Could it be Wolverine?
Further Reading - The History of the Death of Wolverine:
- Charles Soule to Write "Death of Wolverine" Series, Solidifies Status as Outhouse Hero
- C2E2: So What's This "Death of Wolverine" About, Anyway?
- Beyonce's Sister Hit Jay Z Over Marvel's "Death of Wolverine" Event
- Marvel Announces "Weapon Etched Holofoil" "Death of Wolverine," Because God Hates Mankind or Something
- Marvel Planning to Trick Retailers Into Stocking Future Quarter Bins With "Death of Wolverine"
- Marvel to Offer Financing Plans for New $4.99 Price Point
- Marvel Reveals Final Three Temporary Hiatus of Wolverine Covers by Steve McNiven
- What Will Really Happen to "Wolverine and the X-Men" When Wolverine Dies?
- Are You Sad Over the Temporary Hiatus of Wolverine?
- Hey, Did You Know That Marvel is "Killing" Wolverine?
- Wolverine to Get Seven Issue Memorial Comic 'Logan Legacy' So We Don't Forget Him
- Stupid Idiots Drive "Death of Wolverine" to Top of Reorder Charts
- SDCC: Mo Money, No Problems - Marvel Announces "Original Sin," "Death of Wolverine," "S.H.I.E.L.D." Tie-Ins at Next Big Thing Panel
- The Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Marvel's Death of Wolverine Event
- Canadians Petition Town to Erect Life Sized Wolverine Statue
- Brian LaBelle Talks the Petition to Erect a Wolverine Statue in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- September Sales Prove Comics Fans Have No One But Themselves to Blame When Companies Focus on Gimmicks Over Stories
- NYCC: Marvel Admits It's Already Planning Wolverine's Return for "Secret Wars"
- NYCC Shocker: Marvel Announces Weekly "Wolverines" Series Spinning Out of "Death of Wolverine: Logan Legacy"
- Outhouse Hopes to Exploit Wolverine's Death, Inevitable Return with "IsWolverineStillDead.com"
"If you've read the Outhouse even once, you know that we hate Wolverine almost as much as we hate ourselves for continuing to read stories featuring him." ~Christian Hoffer